Marshall County

Crow Creek School

The first school house in this locality was built in 1835, about one hundred yards from Samuel GIBB’s dwelling, and Charles RICHARDS taught school therein during the winter of that year. Messrs. IRWIN, CUMMINGS, and OGLE are remembered among the early teachers.

A school house was also put up near the roadside not far from Owen’s Mills, at an early day.

Extracted from Records of the Olden Time, authored by Spencer Ellsworth, 1880, page 358

Visit Our Neighbors
Bureau Putnam
Stark La Salle
Peoria Woodford
Search the Archives