This Society, at Varna, was formed in June, 1872. The trustees were Christian KOCH, William KOCH and Christian BENKENDORF. About eleven persons organized the church, and built a small place of worship the same year, costing $1,800.
The preacher who was mainly instrumental in the foundation of the Society was Rev. Barnard RUCH, and in January, 1880, the pastor was Rev. Mr. DANNER.
Extracted from Records of Olden Time