Marshall County
ILGenWeb

Methodist Protestant Church of Evans

In 1844 or 1845 Rev. Mr. WOOLSTON, a minister of the M. P. Church visited the head of Sandy and established a regular appointment. He was succeeded by J. P. STRONG, who organized a class, which was quite prosperous for a few years. George BEATTY, James CALDWELL, Vincent BOWMAN, William SWARTS, and __ TALBERT were among the leading members.

The ministers who traveled the circuit to which the appointment at Cherry Point belonged, were WOOLSTON, STRONG, FOWLER, ROY, JOHNSON and YOUNG.

The Society has long since entirely disappeared.

Extracted from Record of Olden Times


Visit Our Neighbors
Bureau Putnam
Stark La Salle
Peoria Woodford
Search the Archives