In 1858 an Episcopal Society was organized under Rev. Mr. Lay, with about a dozen members, and a liberal attendance of outsiders. They built a church the succeeding year, and flourished for a while, but most of the leading members moved elsewhere, and services were not sustained. The building is unoccupied.
Extracted 23 Feb 2014 from Records of the Olden Time