The Catholic people of this vicinity had no regular services
at Wenona until about 1865, when steps were taken to build a
church. The people of this faith in the town and country around
were few and their means limited, but a little personal effort
convinced the leaders in the enterprise that the people wanted a
church, and were willing, even at great personal sacrifice, to
furnish the necessary means.
Sufficient funds were raised or guaranteed to warrant building, and the church was soon completed, being dedicated to public worship by Father Murphy within the same year. It is 40x50 feet, with fourteen-foot ceiling, has convenient seating capacity, and with altars, ornaments and decorations of all sorts, cost about $5,000. The present membership is about three hundred.
Extracted 23 Feb 2014 from Records of the Olden Time