This Society was organized in 1857 by Rev. Mr. ELLIS. The leading members were Rolan DAVIDSON, Milton DAVIDSON, John P. DAVIDSON and their wives, Robert RAINES, and later John and Lewis WINETEER, Mrs. Mary PERRY, John BELL, Mr. BOCOCK, Thos C. SPENCER and Sarah SPENCER. Elder Wm. BROOKS, who took part in the organization also, was the first minister who regularly visited the flock. Among the other ministers were Elder E. D. MERRITT, Wm. PARKER, Mr. SAMPSON and Elder SANDS.
A good meeting house, large but not ostentatious, was built in 1858, about a half mile west of Pattonsburg.
Extracted from Records of Olden Time