Charles H. JUSTIS, a leading and
enterprising business man of La Rose, and the present efficient
supervisor of belle Plain township,
Mr. JUSTIS remained on the farm until 1873,
when he also came to La Rose, where he has since made his home
with the exception of two years, one spent in buying grain in
Lacon, and the other in
On the 13th of March, 1879, was celebrated
the marriage of Mr. JUSTIS and Miss Belle RAINS, a daughter of
Robert W. RAINS, now a resident of
Politically, Mr. JUSTIS is identified with the republican party, and has served as a member of both the township and county central committees, being chairman of the former. For five years he was president of the village board, is at present its clerk, and was village trustee for some time. For one year he filled the office of justice of the peace, and is now serving his third year as supervisor. He is one of the prominent and influential men of the community, widely and favorably known, and has materially aided in advancing the welfare and in promoting the interests of La Rose. Both as a business man and true citizen he is held in high esteem, and he certainly deserves much credit for the success which he has achieved. Socially, he is connected with the Independent Order of Odd Fellows and the Knights of Pythias fraternities, while his estimable wife and daughter are members of the Methodist Episcopal church.
Extracted May 2011 by Norma Hass from The Biographical Record of Bureau, Marshall and Putnam Counties, Illinois, 1896.